cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't delete photos on EOS Rebel T6s

Momsniv
Contributor

I have 3 Christmas photos that I tried to delete and it says protected.  How did they get protected and how can I delete them?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

Your camera has an menu option to protect any image to prevent deletion. You will need to go through the camera manual and to find the “Protect Image” menu so you can protect or unprotected any image.

57CA31B3-DB11-4AEE-A800-19F2ECECA926.jpeg

Mike Sowsun

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

Your camera has an menu option to protect any image to prevent deletion. You will need to go through the camera manual and to find the “Protect Image” menu so you can protect or unprotected any image.

57CA31B3-DB11-4AEE-A800-19F2ECECA926.jpeg

Mike Sowsun

Mike you are the best! I was able to find it and it worked

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Rather than delete individual images on your card, if you can do so, it is better to format the card clean in the camera that should clean the card even if the individual files were marked as protected.  Deleting images leaves markets in the File Allocation Table that can accumulate and cause file errors.  So, I recommend copying any files you want to keep from the card onto your computer and then doing a FORMAT IN THE CAMERA, not the format command on your computer.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thanks so much Trevor!

Danny

Hi, Momsniv!

To make sure the Community provides the right advice, please let us know which Canon camera model you're using.  That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Announcements