cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera settings changing

joannerussell
Contributor

Hi all,

I've been experiencing a few issues with the camera settings. I'm not entirely sure what is causing this issue as it could be anything to do with the computer, camera or software but the camera settings keep changing on their own. The camera is a canon 5d on manual mode so the settings shouldn't change without me doing so, I'm using EOS utility to remote capture so I'm not touching the camera or the settings on EOS utility. 

I was wondering if anyone would know if this is an issue to do with the cameras or the software?

Thanks,

Jo

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, Jo!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which version of the EOS 5D you're using and which specific settings are changing. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi!

Apologises for lack of detail, I'm using a 5ds, and its the aperature, shutter speed and ISO settings that are changing.

Jo

I haven't used EOS utility remote in a LONG time but check to make sure that you have selected manual exposure and ISO in its window or it will override your camera.  I bought a 5DS R a few months ago and I don't think it has ever been in anything but manual mode, sometimes with auto ISO.  I have never had it change any settings so I suspect any issue lies in the EOS utility setup.

In some of the modes including Av and Tv priority, the camera "safety shift" can change exposure settings but not in full manual exposure mode.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"The camera is a canon 5d on manual mode..."

I am going to assume you have exactly what you stated a 5D. However, I doubt you are totally in manual mode.  Reset the camera to factory. Then try the 5D without using the computer.  Use it in manual mode for a day or two.  Does it change now? Once that is confirmed try it back on the computer with EOSU.

Of course if it doesn't pass the hands on (no computer) use, it needs servicing.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements