cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera in a flood

Tfuller
Apprentice

Greetings,

I live in Jackson Kentucky and my camper was in the July 2022 flood and I lost almost everything.  One thing was my camera and lenses.  They have dried out but the lenses still show dried dirt.  Can it be cleaned and in working condition after something like this?

Thanks, Tonyia

3 REPLIES 3

SamanthaW

Hi!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the model of camera you have, as well as lenses if possible.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, please check out your other support options here.

Thanks! 

normadel
Authority
Authority

If camera and lenses were submerged in dirty, muddy water they are toast. The camera and lenses will have the same dirt INSIDE of them that you SEE on the outsides. 

Have you tried any of the stuff?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings Tonyia,

Unfortunately, no.  The money it will cost to have any camera or lens that was submerged, disassembled, cleaned (even if possible) and reassembled will far exceed its value. Once a camera or lens is contaminated (flood water) is a great example there is no coming back.   Hate to be the bearer of bad news.  They will never be the same, reliable or warrantable.  This is what insurance is for.  Unforeseen loss.     

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements