cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Strap suggestions

Canonbassist909
Enthusiast

hey everyone what's up ? 

hope you are doing well.. I wanted to pick your brains to see what you suggest for a shoulder strap , platform is rebel t7 with a sigma 150-600 lens.. 

im wanting to get a strap for weight support.. hopefully something padded

cheers ! 

Alexander, aka, reaper photo 

2 REPLIES 2

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Hi Alexander and welcome:

I have a lot of long, heavy tele zoom lenses and I don't use a strap attached to the camera - this includes FF bodies with the Sigma 150-600c and the heavier 60-600s.   I use a holster that will store the body and lens, and it can be either used with a cross-body strap (not hung around the neck which is painful).   For that I had two solutions:

1. A Lowe-Pro ProTactic TLZ 75 AW II - good for a body and 150-600c without a battery grip. 
ProTactic TLZ 75 AW II - LP37279-PWW | Lowepro Global
2. A Think Tank Digital Holster 5D - this will also work with a battery grip and can be attached to a thick supporting waist strap to take the weight onto the pelvis rather than shoulders.
Digital Holster 50 fits gripped DSLR, 70-200mm with lens hood extended – Think Tank Photo these are currently on sale.  It also takes the Sigma 150-600 with the lens hood reversed.
The benefit of a holster is that one can get the camera and lens out, but not have to deal with a dangling shoulder strap that can get in the way.  Furthermore, the holster provides padded protection (for both user and camera) and weather protection - the holsters come with rain covers.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

those are some good choices ! ill take a look at them a bit deeper , I do like this options quite a bit 

Announcements