cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Locks up

jessmac0111
Apprentice

I have had my T3 for a few months, but just within the past few weeks I have been having trouble with it esentially shutting itself off.  Often to even get it to come on, I have to remove and replace the battery.  If I leave it idle for too long, it will "turn off" (I cannot get it to do anything & doesn't appear on) so I have to remove & replace the battery again - this happens multiple times while it is in use.  I would love some tips on what to check, try, etc as I have NO CLUE!  Thanks everyone!

3 REPLIES 3

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I am going to guess video? Right?

The manual for most Canon DSLR's mention that video recording can shut down if the sensor overheats. From my understanding that only happens after 15-20 minutes but could be sooner if you are repeatedly recording videos, even in segments.

Also, an inferior card or a slow card can stop the camera. 

When the file size reaches 4 GB, recording will automatically stop. That means that at 1920x1080 dpi and 1280x720 dpi the maximum recording time of a single movie clip is about 12 minutes.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks for your reply, but it's not in video - just regular shooting mode. Any ideas? Thanks again!

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Jessmac0111,

I recommend that you contact us for assistance with this.  Please click here for contact options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements