cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying a R50? - Upgrading from EOS 40D

burtoyo2
Apprentice

I am the guy that recently posted about a Canon 40D. I have using that with a 80-200 lens. Since I can not use it to take more "full body" pics without backing a lot, and many of you told me to better get a 18-50 lens, I researched and the price of a refurbished lens is 150 bucks. The 40D is currently having the Error 06 of not being able to clean the sensor (apparently common to theses) I have searched on Amazon for a good camera and found the R50. I saw some videos in YouTube and they say is the best entry beginner lever camera for a ok budget. Currently it is 600 bucks on Amazon from my country with the 18-45 lens kit. Asking if it would be an improvement probably is dumb but I want to know if this would be a good purchase. Plus I saw I can buy a 50 dollars adapter to fit the current Canon lens into the R50.

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

Besides both cameras having the ability to take pictures, there isn't going to be any comparison. 

The R50 will be superior in every way.  Here is a side-by-side for you. 

https://cameradecision.com/compare/Canon-EOS-R50-vs-Canon-EOS-40D

One thing you will definitely want to consider.  You might run into some performance issues trying to use a 16-year-old lens on an advanced mirrorless body.  Example, it may not focus as fast, and it may not support the camera's maximum FPS.  From a performance, user experience and quality standpoint, the R50 will be a huge upgrade for you.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements