cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new Rebel T6 problems

ryanisthefitz
Contributor

I was so enthusiastic to open my new 'full-size' Canon camera after using a small point and shoot for over a decade, only to find that it would not read the flash card that came with the camera bundle on Amazon.  The card is a Sandisk 32gb SDHC Class 10 48mb/s.  I cannot see any reason why this card should be incompatible with this camera.  The error message is that "Card cannot be accessed...." and when I try to format it, I get "Cannot format, change card".  I would most appreciate a pointer or two from someone else who has solved this problem.  

22 REPLIES 22

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I've never run into this, but I have read that sometimes formatting card in computer first can resolve the problem. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you John for the response.  I have tried this multiple times on the computer and in different file formats as well.

Stephen

Hi ryanisthefitz!

Just a thought - memory cards are extremely easy to counterfeit. You might try a different card you know works elsewhere. If you don't have one, see if you can borrow or buy one to test in your Rebel.

If you're still having troubles after testing a new card, just give us a call at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) and we'll help figure out what's going on! 

Announcements