cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new Canon EOS Rebel SL3 won't power up

bgeorgetx
Apprentice

Hi everyone!

I got a brand new Canon EOS Rebel SL3 two months ago. It has been great! 

However, out of nowhere, it won't power up. I have gotten new batteries, a sim card, and have tried some of the tips online... Pretty frustrating to have this expensive item not last more than 60 days doing very vanilla run-of-mill pictures. I had to cancel a lens I bought for it since It was a Canon lens since its reputation is not in question.

Thanks,

Byron 

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@bgeorgetx wrote:

Hi everyone!

I got a brand new Canon EOS Rebel SL3 two months ago. It has been great! 

However, out of nowhere, it won't power up. I have gotten new batteries, a sim card, and have tried some of the tips online... Pretty frustrating to have this expensive item not last more than 60 days doing very vanilla run-of-mill pictures. I had to cancel a lens I bought for it since It was a Canon lens since its reputation is not in question.

Thanks,

Byron 

There is a sensor on the battery,card compartment door that prevent the camera from powering up.  The sensor checks to see if the door is fully closed.  If not, no power up.

If you say that you have checked all the boxes of things to check, then I recommend that you contact Canon Support.  The camera should be under warranty.

Also, I noticed you used the phrase “SIM card”.  If you are referring to the micro-SD cards that require an adapter, then stop using them.  Buy a full size SD card and test the camera with and without the memory card installed before you contact Canon Support.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

Have you tried removing the lens and the memory card or what you call the "sim card" to see if the camera will power up. Cameras do not use sim cards they use memory cards. Also DO NOT use micro-SD Cards in an adapter they cause too many problems.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D & Sigma 17-50mm F/2.8 EX DC OS HSM

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D
Announcements