cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Body and Lens Reco for 1300-1400 USD

potineni1
Apprentice

What do you recommend with this budget? I currently have an M10 with the kit lens and a 55-200mm (gift from my dad back then). I shoot for our school and I find the 55-200 on my cam most of the time. (Shoot things such as events, sports, and such). Recommendations are appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The R7 with RF-S 18-150 is unfortunately slightly above your budget, but I'm confident it would meet your sports and event photography needs pretty well.

EOS R7 RF-S18-150mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM Lens Kit (canon.com)

It is also available Refurb from Canon, but right now this package is out of stock.  You are very lucky.  In my day, I carried an AE-1 and 70-210 zoom (film).  I was on the yearbook team all 4 yrs which back then also included Darkroom.  The above camera and lens would be great for daily life in the quad, football, baseball, swimming and more.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a 'reco' - is it something like an recon or request?

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

I think he means recommendation. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic
click here to view the gallery
Announcements