cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Dual Camera Setup For Vlogging

CigarProp
Apprentice

I am building a new studio to film from, and I would like to upgrade my cameras.

Currently, I film with two Cannon T7i Rebels from different angles. The camera that points directly at me has a 18-55 lens, and the one that is positioned to the side of me has a 24mm lens.

I do YouTube video reviews and unboxings, and I also host a weekly live show on YouTube.

I run both of my cameras through an ATEM Mini and use Streamyard as my video source.

The only downfall of the T7i's are that they need to be in manual focus mode to have 100% clean HDMI for use with the ATEM and Streamyard, and that prevents me from showing anything to my audience for them to see clearly.

So, I am looking to replace both cameras to use in the new studio that have clean HDMI.

The cameras will never be taken out of the studio, and the lighting will always be the same.

I'm not sure if this matters or not, but one of the cameras will be pointing at me, and behind me will be a tv that will have my advertisers info cycling through.

Cannon has soooo many options, and I don't even know where to begin.

Any comments or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Thanks for the helpful use case.

Now we need to know if want to keep your existing glass and if there is a budget?... or is the sky's the limit. You have a million subscribers and are fully monetized? 😃

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

The sky is not limit, that's for sure!

I have no problem switching glass if that is recommended.

If I could keep it to under 3K that would be great. 4K would be absolutely pushing it. I just couldn't justify going over 4K for a set of cameras that will do nothing else buy record video.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If you wish to stick with an APS-C DSLR, then the 90D provides “Clean HDMI” output.

D48D081C-9E57-4A23-AEA2-3CE175EF707A.jpeg

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

KobeElli
Apprentice

Hi everyone! I'm new here and was looking for advice on dual camera set-ups for vlogging. I see that the OP already has their own setup with two T7i's and that it looks good. I'm in the process of building something similar in my own studio - including a playback TV for ads - but I'm still trying to figure out what cameras would be best for me. Cannon has some good options, but I'm also wondering if anyone has had experience using phones for vlogging and what setup they use. Any advice or experiences would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

@KobeElli wrote:

Hi everyone! I'm new here and was looking for advice on dual camera set-ups for vlogging. I see that the OP already has their own setup with two T7i's and that it looks good.

**Might be best to start a new thread.

Please provide a budget.  Tell us if you have any existing Canon gear (what kind?).  In general what type of content do you intend to create?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements