cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beginner Canon Camera Type and model for Video Content Creation and Photography

DaveN2K
Apprentice

Any Canon make and model recommendations you care to give for a Beginner Filmmaker and content creator? Also, you may provide a proper range of lenses for content creation. Additionally, are there any make and models for Photography cameras you may recommend and the type of lenses that will take photos from near and far? Your help will be greatly appreciated for a beginner filmmaker and photographer. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jaewoosong
Rising Star
Rising Star

1.JPG

That's a good starter kit if on a budget.

If you can afford a bit more R50 has more focusing points/fold out screen.  these 2 kits (extra tele lens vs mic/tripod)

2.JPG

3.JPG

[Commercial links removed per forum guidelines and replaced with screenshots to facilitate discussion.]

-jaewoo

Rebel XT, 7D, 5Dm3, 5DmIV (current), EOS R, EOS R5 (current)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

rs-eos
Elite

Assuming you're a beginner in both photography and videography, what will be helpful is knowing a few things:

1. What is your overall budget?
  2. Do you wish to have a single item capable of capturing both photos and video, or would you prefer dedicated equipment for each?
  3. Do you have an idea of the types of photos you want to capture? Portraits? Landscapes? Sports? Other?
  4. Same for videos.  Would they be for blogs, events, weddings, other?
--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

To answer your questions:

I can spend anywhere from 3,000 to 6,500 and I'm pretty serious about it.

Well, I can choose the best camera that has high resolutions to capture both video and photographs.

I like to capture mostly Snowboarding and action sports.

@DaveN2K wrote:

To answer your questions:

I can spend anywhere from 3,000 to 6,500 and I'm pretty serious about it.

Well, I can choose the best camera that has high resolutions to capture both video and photographs.

I like to capture mostly Snowboarding and action sports.

Given you want a "hybrid" (both video a stills), I would give the EOS R5 C, R5, and R6 mark II a hard look, in that order. Since I am not a videographer, I'll leave the lens recommendations to those that at least do a lot of video. I do shoot video with the EOS R5, R6, and R6 II, but with my current stock of RF L lenses, and I do find them to be quite good, but am by no means a video guru. I am primarily a wildlife stills shooter that takes videos when the urge strikes me 😉

FWIW, some of my favorite YouTube reviews and videos are shot with the R5. And I'll add that the EOS R5 C is NETFLIX approved.

Newton

jaewoosong
Rising Star
Rising Star

1.JPG

That's a good starter kit if on a budget.

If you can afford a bit more R50 has more focusing points/fold out screen.  these 2 kits (extra tele lens vs mic/tripod)

2.JPG

3.JPG

[Commercial links removed per forum guidelines and replaced with screenshots to facilitate discussion.]

-jaewoo

Rebel XT, 7D, 5Dm3, 5DmIV (current), EOS R, EOS R5 (current)
Announcements