cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative setup to EOS R5 for light weight travel

jonal
Apprentice

I have a Canon R5 with RF 14-35 f4 and RF 70-200mm f4 that I primarily use for landscape photography. The setup on tripod works great and the IQ is fabulous.

However I also travel with my family quite a bit and while the above setup does the job, it is a lot of lug around while roaming around cities etc. To that end I have been considering getting a second body as a travel kit that I could use for such trips.

Would the Canon R8 be significantly lighter than the R5? Would you feel the difference? I could then just carry a couple of primes and be done with like the 16mm and the 35mm.

The other options I was considering was the Fuji XT30 with similar primes (considerably lighter and lower weight) or even the Sony a7rc as a travel setup.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

1 REPLY 1

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

It seems to me that the weight of the camera body wouldn't be a problem but the weight of any lens would be a factor. Would there be any significant weight difference between the two camera? Any way to carry extra lenses? BTW, how about posting some photos in the future? Thanks.

My wife found a vest on sale at Bass Pro. I carry an extra battery, and at least one or two lenses. Some of the bigger lenses won't fit the pockets.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG
Announcements