cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After using Canon for two years, what happened that it does not function in shooting ?

JSYK
Apprentice

What is happening to the Cannon camera when it does not function in shooting? What does it mean when it says ExpiredSIM.  The  Cannon serial no is [Mod note: Removed per FORUM GUIDELINES], made in Taiwan and I have been using for two years.The SIM card included in the purchase was Transcend 16GB. Please advice.

7 REPLIES 7

Tara_N
Enthusiast

Hi, JSYK!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what Canon camera you're using. Also, the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

Thanks and have a great day!

The model is Cannon DS 126311 purchased in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Please let me know what is wrong with the camera, it it the SIM card that is expiring? The function of shooting is not working.

@JSYK wrote:

The model is Cannon DS 126311 purchased in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Please let me know what is wrong with the camera, it it the SIM card that is expiring? The function of shooting is not working.

Since when does a T3i (which, according to Google, is what that model is) have a SIM card?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Pretty sure we can understand JSYK meant to say it is a SD card.  Their English is considerably better than my Maylay for sure. 

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

@ScottyP wrote:

Pretty sure we can understand JSYK meant to say it is a SD card.  Their English is considerably better than my Maylay for sure. 

If, as the OP indicated, the message was "ExpiredSIM", then someone or something (other than the OP himself) must have thought there was a SIM card present. Since the camera doesn't use one, where was it? On an attached phone, maybe? If we can't answer that question with some precision, this thread could turn into a wild goose chase.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"The SIM card included in the purchase was Transcend 16GB. Please advice."

OK, I'll bite.  Why haven't you tried a different card or even a new one?  Seems logical doesn't it?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

By some hook or croook are you mistaking "EXPosure SIMulation" for "ExpiredSIM".  Maybe a translaton difference?

That is a  warning about what you see in Liveview is not what you will get in your picture.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements