cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Affordable upgrade from 600d?

maxanlso
Apprentice

Hello all.

I've enjoyed my 600d for about six years now and I'm happy with everything about except the low light performance.

I do a variety of photography (street, landscape, portrait, arty, and holiday snaps). I don't do wildlife or sports, largely because I don't have the right equipment, or the money to buy it. I'm also too lazy to carry anything heavy.

Most of the time I either use my 40mm f2.8 pancake lens, or my Sigma 17-50mm f2.8.

The thing I really need is better performance indoors.

I'll probably only get about £60 trading it in at mpb, and don't have much money to spend, so maybe something I can pick up for £200 or so.

I could probably get a used 70d, but is the difference worth the bother? Should I save up for a mirrorless setup?

Thank you all.

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@maxanlso wrote:

Hello all.

I've enjoyed my 600d for about six years now and I'm happy with everything about except the low light performance.

I do a variety of photography (street, landscape, portrait, arty, and holiday snaps). I don't do wildlife or sports, largely because I don't have the right equipment, or the money to buy it. I'm also too lazy to carry anything heavy.

Most of the time I either use my 40mm f2.8 pancake lens, or my Sigma 17-50mm f2.8.

The thing I really need is better performance indoors.

I'll probably only get about £60 trading it in at mpb, and don't have much money to spend, so maybe something I can pick up for £200 or so.

I could probably get a used 70d, but is the difference worth the bother? Should I save up for a mirrorless setup?

Thank you all.

You've got fast lenses. What aspect of low light performance are you looking to improve?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic
Announcements