cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AC Adapter for EOS R3

trouden
Contributor

Hi all,

I'm in need of an AC adapter for the EOS R3 and was curious if anyone had experience using the older ACK-E4 AC Adapter with DC Coupler DR-E4 on this camera. The current AC Adapter AC-E19 with DC Coupler DR-E19 is significantly more expensive but seems to be the only officially supported option despite having the same LP-E19 battery style. I've noticed the max amp output on the DR-E19 coupler is significantly higher at 5A (I couldn't find the specs on the AC-E19 Adapter) vs the ACK-E4 which is only rated at 2A.

Shooting the R3 at a high frame rate may be the reason for the increased current output on the AC-E19/DR-E19, however I'm only guessing... as there could certainly be other justifications for this spec difference.

Any input is very much appreciated! 👍

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

The E4 didn’t work with my 1D X Mark III. I would guess the same result for the R3. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

The E4 didn’t work with my 1D X Mark III. I would guess the same result for the R3. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I suspect this may be the case with the R3 as well, thank you very much for sharing your experience using the E4 and 1D X Mark III. 😎 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements