cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90D looses autofocus

Dmcd3055
Enthusiast

Sometimes (happening more often)Seems lately that the autofocus looses its focus at the wrong time.both in the manual mode and in the full auto position. Any one else experiencing this

4 REPLIES 4

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

Dmcd3055,

When you say it loses autofocus "at the wrong time", what times are those?

And, how are you focusing? What method do you use to focus?

The mode you are in, whether it's manual or auto, doesn't have anything to do with focusing. They're not related to each other.

Steve Thomas

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

Are you half pressing the shutter button to focus or are you using back button focus? Have you customized any camera settings that might have changed the focusing method, either on purpose or unintentionally? Did you purchase the camera new or used?

yes and when i do that it does not focus quickly enough to capture flying wildlife. Sometimes it freezes and i miss several shots. I am using the manual mode with AIServo 

Dmcd3055,

If you put your camera in AI Servo, it will continue to focus wherever you have set your focus point - whether it's the central point, or somewhere else in your viewfinder, as long as you continue to hold down your focusing button.

Have you tried high speed, or even low-speed shooting yet?

You can use AI Servo, aim your focus point over a bird, and fire off a burst of five or six shots, following him along as he moves.

Steve Thomas

Announcements