cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6D - pro level?

MacroDave
Contributor

I was looking at the EOS 6D, and was struck by the reviews of how good the image quality is, esp for its price point. Does the 6D take professional quality photos? I realize it's not a 5D or a 1D, but how does it compare? I'd like to move up a bit from my APS EOS that I have now at some point, and was curious what everyone thinks.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

I owned the first-gen 6D and really liked it.  Sure, you can capture professional-grade photos with it.  But then again, so can you capture such photos with any camera.

I did though upgrade to the 5D line since sadly the 6D line never include dual card slots; something I needed.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Is the purpose of the dual card slots so that you can take a greater/faster number of burst shots?

No; I required two card slots for having instant backups.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

@rs-eos: Ah. Well, that's probably not a feature I would need, so I imagine the 6D would work for me.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

If you are considering the 6D, you may want to opt for the 6D2.  Canon improved on the original 6D in almost every way with the 6D2.

Canon 6D vs Canon 6D MII Detailed Comparison (cameradecision.com)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I should have specified that I meant the 6D Mk II. I didn't realize the original 6D was still available.

Thanks very much for the link.

Announcements