cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6D LCD malfunction

marcozandrini
Apprentice

I have a Canon 6D.  Love it.  I took the camera out last night for pix of the snow.  The lens was a Canon 24-70 2.8L.  The pix came out great.  Now, the LCD does not turn on between shots.  I've gone through the settings, etc.  Battery is at 98% charge. I have a feeling that the pressure sensor in the eye viewer (or associated circuitry) is the problem.

Comments, suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Mark

5 REPLIES 5

@marcozandrini wrote:

I have a Canon 6D.  Love it.  I took the camera out last night for pix of the snow.  The lens was a Canon 24-70 2.8L.  The pix came out great.  Now, the LCD does not turn on between shots.  I've gone through the settings, etc.  Battery is at 98% charge. I have a feeling that the pressure sensor in the eye viewer (or associated circuitry) is the problem.

Comments, suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Mark

It's not a pressure sensor; it's a light detector. Make sure that the rubber eyepiece hasn't slid down and covered it.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Bob, thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately, the eye piece is in the orginial postion.  I tried cycling the "info" button as recommended without any change. So, I've decided to send the body to a Canon USA repair facility.  There are facilities in New Jersey and in SE Virginia.  Any recommendations as to which one provides better service.  I don't need the camera immediately so I can wait a reasonable period of time for proper repairs.

Thanks,

Mark

@marcozandrini wrote:

Bob, thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately, the eye piece is in the orginial postion.  I tried cycling the "info" button as recommended without any change. So, I've decided to send the body to a Canon USA repair facility.  There are facilities in New Jersey and in SE Virginia.  Any recommendations as to which one provides better service.  I don't need the camera immediately so I can wait a reasonable period of time for proper repairs.

Thanks,

Mark

I've never dealt with the VA repair facility, but I've been to the one in NJ several times, because it's on the way to my daughter's house in Philadelphia. The people there are very helpful, and service is exceptionally fast. I'll drop off a camera for cleaning on my way home, and it will usually arrive at my house the next day. Whether this has anything to do with the fact that I'm a CPS member, I couldn't say. But I've certainly been well satisfied with the service they've provided.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Another possibility... press the "Info" button a few times.  This toggles what the camera displays on the LCD screen (it cycles through a list of possible display options).  One of the options is for the LCD screen to remain blank.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

marcozandrini
Apprentice
I sent the body off to the NJ facility this AM via FedEx. Thanks for your help.
Announcements