cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D live view only works in video mode

BeeeBeee
Apprentice

My 5D mk 3 Live view is only working in video mode. The LED screen does show photos after taking so I know it's functioning. I've tried a reset....any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@BeeeBeee wrote:

My 5D mk 3 Live view is only working in video mode. The LED screen does show photos after taking so I know it's functioning. I've tried a reset....any suggestions?

Live View and Movie Mode are two very different modes of operation, even though their appearance may look similar on the LED screen.

If you are saying that your camera only seems work in Live View mode every time you turn it on, then check the position of the [Live View / Movie Mode] switch.  It has probably been bumped into Movie Mode.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@BeeeBeee wrote:

Live View and Movie Mode are two very different modes of operation, even though their appearance may look similar on the LED screen.

If you are saying that your camera only seems work in Live View mode every time you turn it on, then check the position of the [Live View / Movie Mode] switch.  It has probably been bumped into Movie Mode.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

PLee
Enthusiast

Try hitting your INFO button.

BeeeBeee
Apprentice
Thankyou! All sorted, I didn't realise I needed to reset the switch every time I changed a shooting mode.
Announcements