cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D Mark ii Banding (?) Issue

Jennbeagle02
Contributor
Hey everyone... I'm hoping there's someone out there that can help me figure something out.. I have been having issues with my Canon 5D Markii. I have done a ton of troubleshooting and research but it doesn't seem like there's any explanation for the issue I'm having.
If you take a look at the pictures below, you will see white "banding"? At first I thought it was some kind of sun flair, but it doesn't matter the time of day or where the sun is or even what lens I use. The issue is intermittent, and I've even taken it to my local camera store (they had no ideas as to the issue)
The two track pictures were taken at about 4:00 PM .. 5 minutes from each other, same settings, just different sides of the track. Track runs from South to North.a644d36d-b33b-42da-a1d8-ebe65c45218c.png69306026-e269-4d89-8226-7006b0d32d33.png2cea29e5-2993-4e1e-b3d6-5610c4896896.png
12 REPLIES 12

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

It could be a hair or two above the sensor. You can use the sensor cleaning function to take a look-see.

That is weird looking.  Turn off all of the noise reduction and lighting correction settings.  Does it occur with all lenses?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Tried it 😞 Happens with all lenses (with or without filters) 

Ive alreadyu taken it in and had the sensor looked at & Cleaned. 

It is too out of focus to be on the sensor.

Does it ever move around?

Could be a light leak around the lens. Try covering the lens/mount junction with black gaffers tape.

It never moves around. Never though about the mount junction having a light leak... gonna have to look into that

Peter
Authority
Authority

Shutter failure. My 30D looks the same when taking pictures with a fast shutter speed.

@Peter wrote:

Shutter failure. My 30D looks the same when taking pictures with a fast shutter speed.

I had considered that.  The lines are not straight, though.  There are two nice curves.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

@Peter wrote:

I had considered that.  The lines are not straight, though.  There are two nice curves.

https://youtu.be/ptfSW4eW25g

And picture from my 30D below

30D-broken-shutter.png

Announcements