cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D Mark IV

tmc784
Enthusiast

Hi all,

5D mark IV Dual Pixel Raw enable or disable ?

I read some reviews online, but I would like to hear the best advice and comments from the community.

Cheers.

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@tmc784 wrote:

Hi all,

5D mark IV Dual Pixel Raw enable or disable ?

I read some reviews online, but I would like to hear the best advice and comments from the community.

Cheers.

What software do you plan to use to post process the RAW files?  That is your answer.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Peter
Authority
Authority

If you have it enable you can with DPRSplit extract the second raw file and increase DR with around 1 Ev.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Personally I would not use it. Right now, too old to change I guess.  It makes a big file even bigger and it doesn't always improve the shot from what I have heard. No first hand experience my self.  I will bet all software companies will support it at some time.  Adobe has confirmed they're adding the 5D Mark IV’s dual pixel raw technology into Lightroom. This includes Adobe Camera Raw. Canon may not disclose how it works but it is to Canon's benefit to have PS and LR support it.

I would not be surprised if they don't help Adobe out a bit.  All pros use LR and PS, and they are the ones that buy this type of camera. Its just a fact.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements