cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1dx mk ii. WiFi issue.

sc_shutterbug
Apprentice

I have a wft-e6 and have used it on my 1dx mkii and workef

flawlessly. Later I tethered via Ethernet cord to computer. Now the 1dx mkii will not recognize the wft.  I tried the transmitter on a friends mkii and works perfectly so it is my camera.  Any fix suggestions before I send it back to CPS? 

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Did you change or check your [Communication Settings}?

ED386C77-F0E2-4CDF-9C7B-8EBCCBAD4983.jpeg

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

The network communications settings with the 1DX series cameras are a bit convoluted.  I suspect when you connected via ethernet, that is now the default communications setting for your 1DX II.  Go back into network settings to choose the wireless adapter and if necessary run the setup wizard again to enable the settings for it.

I use ethernet as my primary transfer for my 1DX through 1DX III bodies since that serves my needs.  Once the network wizard did the initial setup, I copied the IP address and set it to fixed to avoid a slow initial connect with Win 10.  Otherwise it was taking up to a minute for it to handshake with my workstation instead of the couple of seconds it should.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video
Announcements