cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon lens part replacement needed - the a/m switch assembly for 28-90mm IS USM lens

masterdiver
Apprentice

9 REPLIES 9

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Buying and selling camera gear and parts are not allowed in these forums.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Not clear that he is looking to buy/sell. Maybe looking for advice on a source of parts.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

I'm looking for a source for this part.  Canon told me they no longer have the part available.  Perhaps there is some source out there that has this part and can let me know it is available.  

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

John (jrhoffman75) is our resident parts (sherlock holmes) acquisition expert.  If it can be sourced, he can usually find and show you where to get one.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I did try USCamera website, but no hits. 

Depending on the exact version of the lens USCamera may have a parts list (generally under $10) and then the actual apr number could be searched for on eBay or general internet search..

Website is USCamera-dot-com. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you.  I did find the part number for the a/m switch assembly, viz: YG9-1073-000.  I've tried eBay and also a general internet search without luck.  My camera is a Canon t3i - I've thoroughly enjoyed using it; but it has a lot of age and thousands of shots taken.  So, I have to decide whether to replace the lens realizing the camera is nearing its end of usefulness or to replace both camera and lens.  

Any way, thanks for your assistance.......

Keh Camera:

Screenshot 2022-10-21 085852.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks ... I'll follow up with him.....

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I have never tried to replace that switch but getting inside a lens can mess up alignment. Canon would check that after they did any inside repair. Whomever does it needs to also check lens alignment and I doubt most shops have that ability or a DIY person for certain.

The working used lens form KEH is probably the best go.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements