EF & RF Lenses
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved! canon lenses

hi there!i need pro advise on comparing 2 lenses as follow:ef-s 10-18mm f.4.5 IS STM VS ef-s 10-22mm f3.5-4.5 USMsharpness of corners on 10-22outdoor clearance seems equal 10-18 has IS but much cheaper10-22 has metal mount and 10-18 plasticetc...but ...

mrz1342 by Enthusiast
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Lens suggestions for the 70D

Hey photo people! I'm looking into buying the Canon 70D but I can't decide on what lens to purchase with the camera or if I should stick with the lens that comes in the kit. This is my first "fancy" camera purchase so it's a little challenging for me...

sjp711 by Contributor
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

Why is there speckling on the underside of my lens glass?

My lens has developed speckling on the underside of the front glass; it resembles dust in pictures, especially when the aperture is narrowed, but is inside the lens and doesnt appear to shift. I've had it for only 3 years and always used a UV filter....

degradation.jpg comparison.jpg
pavlos by Apprentice
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! EOS Lens Registration Tool

What is the EOS Lens Registration Tool? I suspect it was part of a recent upgrade to my Canon software.  When activated, it will not launch and said my XSi camera is not recognized.  The EOS Utility does recognize the camera. Is it for a full frame o...

BillinVA by Apprentice
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

UV Filters, Polarized Filters

Does anyone have some good reference/reading material that you can share with me, I would like to experiement with filters. Ive googled some stuff but did not find strong material.  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. 

juzan42 by Contributor
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

push-pull

Hi. From what I see on other forums, the push-pull design of the 100-400L v1 is popular. I know I prefer it to twist zoom. If it is even possible, I wonder if there is any profit for Canon to fabricate a conversion kit  to be installed by a Canon ser...

j-p by Contributor
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Noticeable Louder sound during image stabilization

I have a 400mm L IS and today it started to make a much louder noise during the image stabelization. Is this a sign that it is not working porperly or in need of repair. Has anyone else experienced this before? ThanksSteve

new lens help: 50mm 1.8

Hi everyone, I just bought a used 50mm 1.8 from as I wanted to have low depth of field for music videos. I'm having trouble, though, in that the camera is CONSTANTLY refocusing when in movie mode, to the point that autofocus is basically useless. Is ...

Dropped 70-200 f/4L is lens

Hi, I dropped my lens from half open bag into trunk of the car,there is no physical exterior damage, it will focus but makes a cluncking sound and picture through view finder jumps up before focusing, photos still coming out clear and sharp,not sure ...

stefos by Apprentice
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Sigma lenses

Team, I recently purchased a Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro and would like to hear from you guys abotu other lenses out there that are excpetional as well.  So far i have nothing but good reviews for this lens.  Im new to the Sigma brand.  thanks, 

juzan42 by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
Getting started

New to the community? Here's some information to help you get acquainted:

Announcements