cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aquired 50mm f1.2 USM.....

TheRogue
Enthusiast

Wow what a lens.!I have to get the 85mm f1.2 as well but considered the 50mm a priority. I am doing some extensive testing over the next couple weeks and will report back.

14 REPLIES 14

Painful hey but 'least you didn't have to buy a whole new lens!

TheRogue wrote:

Painful hey but 'least you didn't have to buy a whole new lens!

The repair might have cost even more if Ernie hadn't been a CPS member. That's why you shouldn't tune Ernie out when he proselytizes for CPS. If you have a lot of equipment and use it regularly, it can be a good deal.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I hear that Bob. Although I'm in the UK so not sure what our equivelent to CPS would be!

Oh, Bob  Smiley Happy
Boston, Massachusetts USA,

You are so correct, sir.  They have treated me well over the years.  As you know I have brand-N, also.  They don't have anything to compare.  But they are getting better.

If a guy is willing to rag on a company, it's only right to praise them.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

I haven't used the 50mm f/1.2L but I have used the 85mm f/1.2L.  The 85mm f/1.2L provides a gorgeous result but the AF motor is slow... so it's appropriate for any photography where you are in control of when you take the shot (e.g. posed portraiture - not candids).  If you were doing candid photography (trying to take the shot at the "decisive moment") then the 85mm f/1.2 focus motor may not have focused quickly enough for you and you'd get a lot of missd shots.  The non-L has a much faster focus motor (but the character of the shots isn't quite as nice.)

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements