cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM 1:2.8 Lens fit the Canon eos ef-s rebel t7 camera?

LauraIngalls
Contributor

I need some help on this question regarding this lens:  Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM 1:2.8 Lens

Will it fit on this camera body?  canon eos ef-s rebel t7

Second question:  Is the lens also automatic?

Thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes it will fit. All EF Mount and EF-S Mount lenses work on all Rebel series cameras.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

T7...  Yes.  The lens will autofocus and adjust aperture automatically.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks so much for the quick reply.  I thought it auto focused but it's been a few years since I used it.

Rick - do you have an answer for my first question regarding fitting the Canon EF-S Rebel t7?

Yes it will fit. All EF Mount and EF-S Mount lenses work on all Rebel series cameras.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Thank you so much for the answering my question!

Anytime, feel free to ask any question in the forums. That's what the forum is here for.

-Demetrius

JoeySnaps
Enthusiast

Small misunderstanding here, I think, Laura. Rick began his post with 'T7 - Yes' which is, I'm sure, shorthand for Yes, your EF-S 60mm f/2.8 lens will fit on your Rebel T7 camera body. And he went on to tell you it will focus automatically when mounted on the camera, and the aperture will operate automatically too.

Your Rebel T7 camera is designed to work with all Canon's EF and EF-S series lenses, that's an enormous range. The EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro lens is one of the best EF-S lenses, a compact lens of very high optical quality, superb as a portrait lens and with real 1:1 Macro focussing. And an absolute bargain when compared to Canon's 100mm macro lenses.

I'm sure you'll get some brilliant photos of the little house on the prairie with your T7 and lens.

R6mkII, various lenses, speedlites. Also legacy Canons going back to T90 and even A1.

Hi Joey,

I see that now about the T7 and the lens being compatible.  Really appreciate all of the information.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@Joey,

Yes it was.  Thats exactly what I intended.  Thanks for adding this clarification.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements