cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will a new Canon EF 50mm 1:1.4 lens work on a Rebel 2000 SLR?

Camwiley
Contributor

My daughter has a nice Canon 50mm lens that she uses with her EOS 6D 20.2 MP CMOS DSLR. She wants to try film; will newer lenses fit on a Rebel 2000 SLR?

Thanks!

18 REPLIES 18

@ebiggs1 wrote:

If you can find a good used one the CANON EOS 1 film-based 135mm (36 x 24mm) format professional class AF-SLR camera is the one to get.  It was the most advanced film camera Canon made.  They are tough as nails.  It is almost impossible to wera one out so they are great buys.  But everybody knows this so the price can be high even now.  This camera is more in line with her EOS 6D.

Tell your daughter to  shoot slide film.  It is more versitile and way more cheaper to use than negative film.  You can print just what you want which saves money.

Just to clarify the EOS 1 film line includes the EOS 1 (1989-1994). EOS 1N (1994-2000), EOS 1V (2000-2013).

Awesome help from everyone, thank you!

Great idea about shooting slide film. Thank you.

@Camwiley wrote:

It's a great idea as long as one remembers how unforgiving slide film is. Your exposure has to be spot on, as does your color balance. There's no correction in post-processing or in printing.

Hint: We used to try to play it safe by underexposing a little. Nothing kills a slide like a blown highlight does.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@Camwiley wrote:

It's a great idea as long as one remembers how unforgiving slide film is. Your exposure has to be spot on, as does your color balance. There's no correction in post-processing or in printing.

Hint: We used to try to play it safe by underexposing a little. Nothing kills a slide like a blown highlight does.

And most places developing film scan it to digital rather than automatically making prints, so I'm not sure there is any advantage to using slide film.

"And most places developing film scan it to digital rather than automatically making prints, so I'm not sure there is any advantage to using slide film."

The places I use develop film exactly they way they always did it.  Even my Walgreen's develop film. They don't do slide film in house but it develped exactly the same way as it alway has been done.  My local camera store has all the exact stuff to do it yourself as they ever had.  Even B&H offers an E6 slide film developing service.

The biggest advantage in slide film is it can be pushed and pulled.  Negative film can not since it is dye based.

My F1n sees service once in awhile just to remember the good ole days. Smiley Wink

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

"There's no correction in post-processing or in printing."

Never been in a darkroom have you Bob from Boston? Smiley Surprised

EB

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"There's no correction in post-processing or in printing."

Never been in a darkroom have you Bob from Boston? Smiley Surprised

I have, as it happens, but I've never processed slide film. And I'll be very surprised if the OP's daughter ever does.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Bob from Boston,

"...  I'll be very surprised if the OP's daughter ever does"

Maybe, maybe not.  But it doesn't mean, "There's no correction in post-processing or in printing."

It does mean you or they or whomever won't be using a mouse!  Smiley Wink

EB
click here to view the gallery
Announcements