cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Lens From an EOS Rebel XT Fit On a PowerShot SX540 HS?

sorumhar
Apprentice

I have a Canon Rebel XT with a telescopic lense.  Will this lense fit a Canon Power Shot Sx540hs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

The Canon PowerShot series have a fixed lens that is not detachable, so it will not accept other lenses.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

The Canon PowerShot series have a fixed lens that is not detachable, so it will not accept other lenses.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thank you very much.

You're most welcome.  If you don't want to get lots more updates on this, please mark my post as a resolution, then people will know it's sorted.

cheers, TREVOR

I did.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

While marking this post as solved, doing so may only save an incorrect answer. More replies can be more enlightening even with more correct answers. A lot, quite a lot, of the answers here are opinions and not fact.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Hi!  We changed the solution designation on this thread to point to the post with the actual answer.  Thanks for catching this!

normadel
Authority
Authority

I don't understand what's going on with this topic. 

Does someone think Tronhard's original reply was in error? It was not. 

We prefer that what gets flagged as the solution be the solution itself--the "try this" statement--rather than the follow-up where someone would claim that "it worked."  We made sure that's the case here.

Intended the OP to flag the solution for the reasons you indicate.  Obviously, I should have phrased the suggestion differently!  Congratulations to eagle-eyed Ernie for catching that, and to Danny for making the correction! 👏

cheers, TREVOR

Announcements