cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used TS-E 24mm Tilt-Shift Lens Repair or Service

Ranchez
Apprentice

I purchased a used TS-E 24mm Tilt-Shift lens and some of the operations feel a little loose. 

When I use the focus ring, there's very little resistance, so it feels like it could drift off focus or get easily moved. 

It's similar when I use the shift - although not as bad. I know there's a lock and that seems to work. 

I can move the tilt even with the lock on so it seems that need some servicing too. 

I'm not afraid to tackle it myself with a good tutorial, if anyone can point me in that direction. 

I would also be willing to send it in for service. Any idea what that might cost and who would do it? 

Can I send it to Canon for refurbishing? 

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This lens is still serviceable by Canon

or

midwestcamera dot com

I'm sure you are very capable.  My advice is pro repair.  Let someone with the expertise and access to parts it might need refurbish it.  I've always wanted a TS-E lens.  Never got one though.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

Hello Ranchez Canon still services the TS-E 24mm F/3.5 lens. Is this the original or the newer Mark II version.

-Demetrius

EF 16-35mm F/2.8L III USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II USM, EF 28-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM (Retired), EF 50 F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM & EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM

EOS 40D (Retired) & 5D Mark IV

430EX III-RT, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

The newer Mark II.

I will look into getting it serviced by Canon.

Thanks! 

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I'm not afraid to tackle it myself with a good tutorial,..."

You may not be afraid but it would be a very  bad idea. Lenses require alignment, something that just parts replacement doesn't do. Who knows you may get lucky though. Some do!

Send it to Canon but if the damage is severe it may  be cheaper to find another working lens. 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I'm actually sending it to Canon for calibration and to have them check out the shift lock. I'll end up with a refurbished lens and it's still considerably less than new!

Thanks!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Just make sure you get the estimate first!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements