cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sigma DG Lens Compatibility with EOS R10

nowstanding
Apprentice

I found a Sigma DG 28-300 in my storage recently, it's great because it combines both my 200mm and 20mm in one. 

So, I have already got an adapter for my Cannon EOS R10 which I am using at the moment to shoot with (NIK-F to RF adapter) the Sigma DG lens fits and attaches however it does not seem to be making the connection with the camera. When I click to take a photo or video it does not want to which is why I am inquiring. When I attach this to my Cannon EOS 650D it has no problems but I would really like it to work with my R10. 

Is this a problem with the adapter or something else? 

I would deeply appreciate any insight into this situation of mine. 

All the best.

2 REPLIES 2

nowstanding
Apprentice

I have seen that in a cameras setting you can enable "shoot without lens attached" Does anyone think this could resolve the issue?

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Using stacked adapters is always going to be problematic and this is a question that really should be addressed to Sigma.  Canon do not offer support for third-party lenses, particularly ones that are provided with a lens mount for a completely different brand of camera system.  Sigma can re-mount their lenses with a different brand mount, and that might be worth pursuing.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements