cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel EOS T7: EF 75-300mm Lens won't turn

Owilson2447
Apprentice

my cannon rebel eos17 long lens is very stif and hardly able to turn it. I also can not use this automatic focus on it. Is there anything I can do to resolve this problem. 

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, Owilson2447!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon camera model and lens model you're using.  To date, we haven't produced an camera with the number 17 in its model name, so we would appreciate it if you could double-check that for us. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

The lens is the cannon zoom lens WF 75-300mm

What do you mean by hard to turn. The zoom ring or the focus ring. NEVER turn the focus ring with the AF/ MF switch on the lens set to AF. This will cause damage to the lens. ONLY turn the focus ring when the AF/ MF switch is set to MF. Some lenses allow MF override with the lens set AF/ MF switch set to AF mode. But these lenses have additional hardware to support it. This lens doesn't support it so don't attempt to turn the focus ring on the lens with the AF/ MF switch set to AF.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D
Announcements