cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF200-800mm F6.3-9 IS USM wait times

Lakem0310
Contributor

Hi guys, I just ordered the canon rf 200-800 today and am super excited for it, my worry is about the order times, I have a roadtrip next month that I want the lens for and am nervous it would get here in time, anyone have reassurance or recommendations? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Lakem0310

B and H is closed for the Memorial Day weekend and they won't start processing your order untill Tuesday 5-28-24.  When they start processing your order they'll send you an email with the eta. (estimated time of arrival).. You can also call them on Tuesday 5-28 and ask them to expedite. Did you request express shipping ?  You still have other options, you can cxl the order and reorder from Amazon as they can deliver orders the very next day and they give you eta before you make the order.  B and H works with Amazom and you'll see the following: 

Sold by: B and H

Shipped by:  Amazon

So technically you're still buying it from B and H.  Or you ou can buy it from Amazon directly (Amazon is an official canon distributor) and it will read

Sold by:  Amazon

Shipped by: Amazon

I hope this helps you.

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

"A good photograph is knowing where to stand."
― Ansel Adams

"There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept."
–- Ansel Adams

"You don’t take a photograph, you make it."
--- Ansel Adams

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38

I'm going to check with B&H tomorrow.  Then, I'll do like Tom and use their Payboo card so that I can pay it interest free for a year.  Sounds like a good deal.  Then you'll get yours before me Rick !   lol

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

― Ansel Adams

–- Ansel Adams

--- Ansel Adams

JFG
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hey Tom 

You are right B&H only puts a pending hold on your CC for two days and doesn't charge your CC account until they actually ship your order.  It seems that I originally called the wrong company which is posted on the Canon website, B&C in Nevada and they're the ones that will charge your CC account the full charge upon ordering.  My mistake. I will order it from B&H when I come back from my trip.  Thanks and congrats again. 👍

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

― Ansel Adams

–- Ansel Adams

--- Ansel Adams

If you don't have that Payboo card yet, it is not an instant credit like most places, it took about ten days or so to get it, I have no idea why.

Hopefully that wait time keeps getting shorter.

Hi Tom,

I hope so too !   🙏   If it will take 10 days to get Payboo, I'll just use my cred itcard.  🙂

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

― Ansel Adams

–- Ansel Adams

--- Ansel Adams

March411
Rising Star

I received mine today from a local retailer in Chicago.

It has also been removed from the Canon delayed shipping web page so that's a good sign.

Delayed.jpg

No trees were destroyed in the posting of this message. However, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Marc
Windy City

R3 ~ R5 ~ R6 Mk II ~ R50
Adobe and Topaz Suite for post processing
My Online Gallery

Hi March41,

Congratulations on your getting your RF 200-800mm lens!   I just ordered mine today so hopefully I'll be getting it in 2 to 3 months.   lol

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

― Ansel Adams

–- Ansel Adams

--- Ansel Adams

shadowsports
Legend
Legend
@JFG wrote:

I'm going to check with B&H tomorrow.  Then, I'll do like Tom and use their Payboo card so that I can pay it interest free for a year.  Sounds like a good deal.  Then you'll get yours before me Rick !   lol

Very happy to hear the RF 200-800 is off the delayed shipping list.  Maybe I'll get a spooky 👻 🎃 surprise or early turkey shadowsports_0-1726694194357.png.  

I got my PayBoo card in 2022.  I received instant approval.  Maybe it was because I had a body and bunch of other goodies in my cart  🤔  I didn't get the physical card for 10 days, but B&H let me shop with it immediately.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Oh Rick, you should of told me that I could shop immediately after approval of the Payboo card, cause I would of applied for one today.  My credit would've been approved as fast as yours if not faster.  I thought that it took them 10 days for approval.   No matter I already ordered it on my Visa that will reimburse me 5% of the purchase.   Rick, you might have your new RF 200-800mm F6.3-9 lens as stuffing in your Thanksgiving turkey!  😆   I know you'll get yours before mine is manufactured!  😆 

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

― Ansel Adams

–- Ansel Adams

--- Ansel Adams
Announcements