cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Help finding serial number

boreynolds
Contributor

CAN ANYONE help me find the serial number on the RF-S 10-18m? I have the box but there's multiple numbers on it and ZERO numbers on the lens except the obvious H E L P!

10 REPLIES 10

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

The serial number can be found on the barrel, but very close to the lens mount face - it is located about 4cm (1.5") to the right of where the letters 0.14m /0.46ft are printed.  Since the area around the serial number is dark grey or black plastic and the numbers are tiny, but not painted in white, you have to rotate the lens under light to get the number to display.
How to find the serial number on a Canon Lens (custhelp.com)
If you have a receipt from a store, that should have the serial number listed as well. Always keep a copy of your receipt along with the box, packing etc. for storage and if you sell the lens later it can get you a better price

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

I do have the box but there's a ton of numbers on it and for the receipt. I bout it on Amazon. Great info tho? Thank you!

You should still have a receipt from Amazon, usually you need to go to your account to get that if it was not sent to you.  I posted the photo of the image showing the serial number after checking KV's post, if you missed that or still don't see the serial number I have reposted it here with the number circled in red.  You should be able to also match that with a number sequence on your lens box.

Tronhard_0-1717121964350.jpeg

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Thanks for that!
Since it was way down the page I grabbed a screen shot of it:

Tronhard_1-1717118822449.png

cheers, TREVOR

I don't get it. The picture doesn't show the serial.

The little numbers on the lower right engraved into the lens.

Untitled.jpg

Snap! {:-)

cheers, TREVOR

Sorry, did not see your reply.

BTW, if this comes up again, Ken Rockwell always puts in a picture of the serial number when he reviews a lens.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements