cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please is Canon T7i compatible with Canon RF35mm F1.8

Freddyasq
Apprentice

I have T7i & T5i and I am considering to buy Canon RF35mm F1.8 to enhance my shooting, I am wondering if it will be compartible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

The short and very clear answer is absolutely NOT.  There is NO adapter that will make the new RF and RF-S lenses work with or even fit your T7i.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

The short and very clear answer is absolutely NOT.  There is NO adapter that will make the new RF and RF-S lenses work with or even fit your T7i.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Freddyasq
Apprentice

Thank you Trevor,

But what alternative of the prime lens can work for the T7i?

Do you have a budget if so how much. Canon does have the EF 35mm F/1.4L II USM lens. They also have the less expensive EF 35mm F/2 IS USM lens too.

-Demetrius
Bodies: EOS 40D (Retired) & EOS 5D Mark IV (Current)
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 70-210mm F/4 (Brought out of Retirement) & EF 85mm F/1.8 USM
Speedlites: 420EX, 470EX-AI, 550EX & 600EX II-RT

I agree with Demetrius here, but given your likely budget, I have suggested the EF 35mm f/2 IS USM lens to which re referred in my last post.

cheers, TREVOR

I see where you're coming from Trevor. I didn't know the OP's budget or specific needs. Also it doesn't look like Canon has made an EF 35mm F/2 USM lens without IS. So I take it that you mean the EF 35mm F/2 IS USM lens. Not the original EF 35mm F/2 AFD lens from 1991. 

-Demetrius
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 70-210mm F/4 (Brought out of Retirement) & EF 85mm F/1.8 USM

Yes, that is the lens for which the review material was included.

cheers, TREVOR

OK.  You have the choice of any EF or EF-S lens that will fit your camera.  EF lenses are actually designed for full-frame cameras (which  yours is not) but will work fine with your T7i.  EF-S lenses are specifically designed for cameras such as yours - the main difference being price.  Most of the prime lenses are available in EF mount and they can vary dramatically in price.  Right now, I would suggest something like the EF 35mm f/2 lens.  See:
 Canon EF 35mm f/2 IS USM review | Digital Camera World
and Canon EF 35mm f/2 IS USM Review - DustinAbbott.net

cheers, TREVOR

Canon does offer the EF-S 35mm F/2.8 Macro IS STM lens too. But I don't know what the specific use for them is.

This is for the OP below

Lens compatibilty PT. 1.pngLens compatibilty PT. 2.png

-Demetrius

@deebatman316 wrote:

Canon does offer the EF-S 35mm F/2.8 Macro IS STM lens too. But I don't know what the specific use for them.

It is a true 1:1 macro with a built in light. Although the light is only effective a few inches past MFD, it still does a good job and is adjustable. My wife bought one for her T7i and I have used it on my 7D mark II and a few times on my R5 to photograph tiny moths on my porch at night. Macro aside, it's a nice lens, at the price point, with low distortion. As typical for EF-S on APS-C, it's FOV is 56mm.

Newton

Announcements