cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirrorless R7 Lense for Sports

Kms1
Apprentice

Hi all, 

Any insight you can give is greatly appreciated!

I have a canon mirrorless R7 and shot sporting events for my child.  What is the best lenses I should use for football?  Would the rf100-500 mm f4.5 or should I look into the new rf 200-800? Or something  else ? I currently have the RF 100-400

Thank you for your help

12 REPLIES 12

March411
Rising Star

Have you thought about shooting raw or increasing the jpeg image size through the Canon menu? Capturing a larger file size will help.

https://cam.start.canon/en/C005/manual/html/UG-04_Shooting-1_0030.html

Also, I am not sure how much you enjoy post production, for me it's been part of the process for over 40 years so I enjoy the finish. I took this one image from your post and processed it a little through PS and Topaz Photo AI. The two young men, one on the left and right I lifted the shadows on there faces in PS and then ran sharpen overall and face recovery in Topaz. I know life can get busy and post production isn't always possible due to time constraints but I thought it would be nice to explore options. Topaz also give you the ability to upscale but producing larger images out of the camera is always a better option.

I had to reduce the image quality to add it to the post, the IQ was better.

1000031215.jpg

R5 ~ R6 Mk II ~ R50
Adobe and Topaz Suite for post processing
My Online Gallery

Be a different person on the web, be kind, respectful and most of all be helpful!
Accuracy of statement is one of the first elements of truth; inaccuracy is a near kin to falsehood. - Tryon Edwards

Thanks, I enjoy editing will try the topaz ai currently only use Lightroom 

March411
Rising Star

Lightroom and PS are basically the same and Topaz can assist with noise and sharpening. I know Rodger mentioned higher ISO's and maybe he can talk about which application he uses to knock down the noise a bit.

And Rodger, beautiful images of the game!

R5 ~ R6 Mk II ~ R50
Adobe and Topaz Suite for post processing
My Online Gallery

Be a different person on the web, be kind, respectful and most of all be helpful!
Accuracy of statement is one of the first elements of truth; inaccuracy is a near kin to falsehood. - Tryon Edwards
Announcements