cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lens recommendations for an EOS 5D Mark II - Outings and Weddings

bateman7
Apprentice

Hi everyone, I’m super stocked. I picked up a new (to me) canon 5D mark2 on eBay from Japan. I am new to canon (I’m a newb period) so wonder if you guys can make lens recommendations from that era. I’m looking for a zoom and prime if possible to pair them up on my outings and friends wedding. Tyia. I’m on a budget ($400).

2 REPLIES 2

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi Tyia and welcome to the forum:
The obvious kit and very versatile lens for this would be the Canon EF 24-105 f/4L lens.  It was a pretty standard inclusion as a set with these bodies.  The L-series are the Luxury (read pro) lenses in Canon's line-up.   That should cover a lot of applications and is a great learning optic.
I have, and use the same lens for my own 5D and R5 (mirrorless) cameras and they are very handy optics.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"... very versatile lens for this would be the Canon EF 24-105 f/4L lens."

Absolutely second this suggestion. Also, forget the idea of a prime. Buy the 24-105mm zoom and learn it first. You may never need or even want a prime after that. Primes are more difficult to use and generally are single purpose lenses.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
click here to view the gallery
Announcements