cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lens alternative for discontinued Sigma 15mm fisheye lens

pilankro
Apprentice

Hello, can anyone recommend an alternative for the Sigma 15mm F2.8 EX DG Diagonal Fisheye lens? The lens has been discontinued and I can’t find a used one anywhere.

For context, I am looking for a lens that I can use for wide angle macro photography. I already own the 100mm EF but I’ve been thinking of creating macro photos where I can show the environment as well. Most photos will be of reptiles or large anphinians.

I was thinking about the 8-15mm fish eye lens but I didn’t find a lot of information about macro photography.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

B&H has two of them available in their used department.  

KEH has a couple too but they look sort of beat.

I think you can consider Canon. Samyang or Rokinon in this focal length.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

That is because it is hard to do true macro with a lens this wide because the working distance would be mm in front of the lens.

Ken Rockwell shows a "macro" shot.

https://kenrockwell.com/canon/lenses/8-15mm.htm

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I own the Canon 8-15mm f/4 L and have had it for years. I find it a very interesting lens to play with but no real practical application for it. Yes there are a few very wide landscape shots you can make but what else. I certainly would not consider it as a macro lens of any kind. Yes I am glad I have it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
click here to view the gallery
Announcements