cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Irix 15mm incompatibility with Eos R6 Mark 2

Iphosia
Contributor

Hello,

I just would like to report the total incompatibility between Irix 15mm and the new R6 mark 2. I hope for a firmware update on Canon side but if ever somebody has a temporary fix, that would be great.

In the end we would just need to be able to set up the aperture at 8 or 11 and that would be it... Maybe with a small trick on the connectors ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

To the Moderators. This thread should be marked solved. The OP was advised to contact the lens manufacturer for a firmware update. OP did and problem was solved. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

Iphosia
Contributor

Hello you all,

As you noticed I was a bit pissed with the fanboy feeling here so I stop answering. I don't really understand how you are siding with brand when they don't give a s... about your loyalty.

My problem has been fixed very efficiently and for free by Irix, which I recommend at the moment.

The problem was not to mount cheap lenses asif I just want to save money. The question is why changing stuff that works perfectly (the lenses) when the principle of a DSLR is to change have an independant body and lenses, meaning that you can just change the body. The question is also why investing in lenses that do things I deemed useless : eg super high focus abilities on wide angles when I use always hyperfocal mode or when in any case, I almost only shoot in manual focus.

For me limitations are a way to enhance creativity and having a full manual prime lens is something I want. Canon don't provide it anymore.

But for those who have problem with Irix, yes, they can update the firmware. So here is your fix. 

As for me, I am happy I got useful answer from some of you and for the other part I would suggest that if you only have unpleasant things to say, maybe it would be better to keep it to yourself 🙂

Un grand merci pour votre réponse. J'ai donc envoyé mon Irix 15mm en Pologne pour une mise à jour.

En attente de la suite ...

Bien cordialement

“ My problem has been fixed very efficiently and for free by Irix, which I recommend at the moment.“

Congratulations on resolving your issue.

The advice that you have been given all along is that Irix needs to correct the issue, not Canon.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

To the Moderators. This thread should be marked solved. The OP was advised to contact the lens manufacturer for a firmware update. OP did and problem was solved. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements