cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EF-S 17-85 lens autofocus keeps seeking

orthodr
Apprentice

I have an EF-S 17-85 zoom that is probably 12 years old and it now keeps searching when trying to focus and gives an error message 01 and says to clean the contacts which I have done without success

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Hi, orthodr!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon camera model you're using this lens on. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

The flex cable in the lens sounds like it could be faulty. But first reset the camera back to factory and the custom functions back to factory default. Then retest to see if its a possible setting problem. Also test in live view to see if the camera will focus. Also what camera are you using.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

orthodr
Apprentice

Canon 50D

Do you have other EF or EF-S lenses to test on the camera to see if they will AF.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

works fine with my other lenses

Sounds like the lens is need of repair. I don't believe Canon supports this lens anymore. But used ones can be found.

-Demetrius

click here to view the gallery
Announcements