cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EF 50mm F/1.8 STM Not working on EOS R10 with Mount Adapter EF-EOS R

Anurag
Contributor

Ef 50 mm f1.8 stm wont working with my canon r10 with a ef to eos r auto adapter what to do

8 REPLIES 8

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What camera? What brand adapter?  What is "not working"?

Canon r10 in autofocus menu first two functions like1.Autofocus area 2.subject tracking.. When i click this functions it says "autofocus and subject tracking not available in the current shooting mode"... What thats means and ther's no 4k 60fps option shows in the camera... Thats the issue.

Are you in PAL mode? that only goes to 50P.

Untitled.jpg

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

For our benefit, can you tell us what mode you're shooting in?

Some lenses are not capable of using all of the features available on a new body.  The product manual normally contains a compatibility map.

This might not be the case here and may just be a setting, but it's important to use this resource to ensure full feature compatibility.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

There should be a list of lenses compatible with Movie Servo AF in your camera manual.  The EF mount STM zoom lenses were created with Movie Servo AF with a Dual Pixel AF image sensor in mind.  

The same is not true for the EF mount STM primes.  Manuals tell you that they are not compatible, for whatever reason, are not fully compatible with Movie Servo AF.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Anurag
Contributor

Iam using viltrox ef to eos r adapter with a 50mm f1.8 stm prime lens to my r10...

The Viltrox mount adapters have caused a LOT of issues.  They should have been removed from the market a year ago, if not more.  There was some sort of copyright issue.  Canon directed all third party vendors to “cease and desist” selling RF mount adapters and lenses for the RF mount that used autofocus.

Your issue seems to be two-fold.  The Viltrox adapter and an STM prime lens.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What the guys have mentioned above is applicable.  STM lenses are not always able to meet the focusing demands of Servo AF.  Also, your adapter might play a role in the issue here.  I know the Viltrox adapters are inexpensive, but non OEM accessories can cause problems.  Maybe not all the time, but in some cases.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements