cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EF 24-70 Lens Resets Itself to Manual Focus

captozzie1212
Apprentice

Canon 24-70 resets itself manual focus when i turn off my Canon R. It doesn't do it with any other lens. It started when i took my camera in for a cleaning. 

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Let's be sure we are all talking about the same things.

Does Canon R mean EOS R or another R series body?

The EF 24-70 comes in many variants and versions.  I believe all of them have a switch for AF-MF.  Which do you own?  f4, f2.8 version I, II, etc.

Which EF to RF adapter (brand/model) are you using?

Have you tried resetting the camera to default settings and then retest the behavior?  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Sorry I have the Canon R and my lens is a EF 24-70 II 2.8 The Adapter is Canon CANON MOUNT ADAPTER EF-EOS R Thats the description that amazon gives. When i took my camera for a cleaning they installed the new Film wear  and it seened the defaulted everything on the camera i had to start all over. Iv only been taking pictures for 2 years. 

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Canon 24-70 resets itself manual focus ..."

The lens any lens cannot do anything on its own. It is just a lump of plastic and glass. Either the camera or you need to tell it to do or manually make it do something. The EF 24-70mm can not switch itself to manual.

"i took my camera in for a cleaning."

I would reset your camera first.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I understand I'm going to take the camera in to the shop that worked on it i suppose.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Reset it first because they will so your may as well try it before.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
click here to view the gallery
Announcements