cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF200-800mm F6.3-9 IS USM wait times

Lakem0310
Contributor

Hi guys, I just ordered the canon rf 200-800 today and am super excited for it, my worry is about the order times, I have a roadtrip next month that I want the lens for and am nervous it would get here in time, anyone have reassurance or recommendations? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Lakem0310

B and H is closed for the Memorial Day weekend and they won't start processing your order untill Tuesday 5-28-24.  When they start processing your order they'll send you an email with the eta. (estimated time of arrival).. You can also call them on Tuesday 5-28 and ask them to expedite. Did you request express shipping ?  You still have other options, you can cxl the order and reorder from Amazon as they can deliver orders the very next day and they give you eta before you make the order.  B and H works with Amazom and you'll see the following: 

Sold by: B and H

Shipped by:  Amazon

So technically you're still buying it from B and H.  Or you ou can buy it from Amazon directly (Amazon is an official canon distributor) and it will read

Sold by:  Amazon

Shipped by: Amazon

I hope this helps you.

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

"A good photograph is knowing where to stand."
― Ansel Adams

"There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept."
–- Ansel Adams

"You don’t take a photograph, you make it."
--- Ansel Adams

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

JFG
Rising Star

Where did you order your Canon RF 200-800mm lens from (ei Canon, Amazon, or other store) ?  Did you order it today 5-26-24 and when next month is your trip ?  Also are you in the 🇺🇸 USA or another country?  

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

― Ansel Adams

–- Ansel Adams

--- Ansel Adams

B and H

Hi Lakem0310

B and H is closed for the Memorial Day weekend and they won't start processing your order untill Tuesday 5-28-24.  When they start processing your order they'll send you an email with the eta. (estimated time of arrival).. You can also call them on Tuesday 5-28 and ask them to expedite. Did you request express shipping ?  You still have other options, you can cxl the order and reorder from Amazon as they can deliver orders the very next day and they give you eta before you make the order.  B and H works with Amazom and you'll see the following: 

Sold by: B and H

Shipped by:  Amazon

So technically you're still buying it from B and H.  Or you ou can buy it from Amazon directly (Amazon is an official canon distributor) and it will read

Sold by:  Amazon

Shipped by: Amazon

I hope this helps you.

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

― Ansel Adams

–- Ansel Adams

--- Ansel Adams

Thank you so much!!

05/26, at like 12 pm, ordered from B&H, roadtrip starts june 22, and minnesota,USA

If your road trip starts on June 22nd and let's say B and H processing gets to it on 5-28 then that means that you have 24 days from date of shipping.  If I were you I'd would call B and H first thing Tuesday morning and ask them to give you estimated eta.  If the eta is not to your satisfaction then ask them to expedite your order, however,  they may charge you for the express shipping.   Let me know how it goes.

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

― Ansel Adams

–- Ansel Adams

--- Ansel Adams

Update! I canceled my order in b&h and purchased on ebay earlier this week, it got here today and have already tested it out, love it!!

March411
Rising Star

I have an open order for the 200-800mm that is several months old and still showing in back order. I spoke to B&H at the beginning of the month and they conveyed that Canon has given them no information on releases other then the lens is in production. B&H fulfills back orders based on order date, conveyed that they have a "fair amount" pending fulfillment and could not give me a target date on my shipment.

If I were you I would look to have an alternative lens for the trip or see if you could rent one. Wait times for the lens are long and communication from Canon on ship dates has been terrible.

Be a different person on the web, be kind, respectful and most of all be helpful!

90D ~ 5D Mark IV ~ R6 Mark II ~ R50 and way to many EF lenses
Photoshop and Topaz Suite for image processing
http://commonhangout.com/piwigo/

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

@Lakem0310

So you are not disappointed...  The average wait time for this lens has been anywhere from 4 - 7 months.  Unless you stumble upon one, I would be making other plans for your trip next month.  Maybe you can rent one.  

I hope I'm wrong, but based on order to actual ship date, I'd be very surprised if you see the lens before the end of summer.  If your experience is different, please share it with the community.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements