cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where is the cable port on my pixma printer (model TR8520)

gidmeister
Apprentice

I have a Canon printer, and I want to connect my new, HP laptop to it.    I don't see a USB type port on the printer, though I do see a 'phone' cable type port.   What kind of cable would I use to make the connection?  As far as my laptop, it seems to only have an HDMI and a USB port.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, gidmeister!  The USB connection port on your PIXMA TR8520 is on the back of the unit.  You'll need an A-to-B USB cable.  The B-type connector has a square shape compared to the relatively flat rectangular shape of the A-type connector.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, gidmeister!  The USB connection port on your PIXMA TR8520 is on the back of the unit.  You'll need an A-to-B USB cable.  The B-type connector has a square shape compared to the relatively flat rectangular shape of the A-type connector.

Hope this helps!

Laura99
Apprentice

I had the same queation about my TR 4720 printer.

It would be VERY helpful if the information about needing a printer cable was included on the box.  The way it's phrased makes it sound as though the printer -- like my two previous PIXMAs -- uses a regular USB cable, and this most decidedly does not.  People generally want to be able to use a product straight out of the box without needing a second trip to Staples. 

A USB A-to-B cable IS a regular USB cable. Used on printers, scanners, external hard drives, etc. 

What is annoying is that Canon does not provide the USB cable with the printer anymore.  WiFi has taken over from USB for so many that Canon figures they can save the cost of a cable that goes unused.

BP45
Apprentice

what does an A to B cable look like?

usb.jpg

click here to view the gallery
Announcements