cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is error 5100 for multifunction printeers and how do you fix it?

WarrenSmith
Apprentice

what is error 5100 for multifunction printeers and how do you fix it?

92 REPLIES 92

Hi Nancye1962,

Cleaning the encoder film of the printer may resolve the 5100 error.  To clean the encoder film, please follow the steps located at the link below:

Cleaning Encoder Film

If you continue to experience the 5100 error after cleaning the encoder film, the printer will require servicing.  Please Contact Us for servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I did the cleaning Encoder film and now MY PRINTER IS WORKING FINE. thank you!!!!!!!!

I havepixma  model iP4200

changed ink cartridges still getting 5100

Hi peterceren,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I AM GETTING THIS TOO; how do I reset the printer; mine is MX490!!!!! very frustrating;

My printer is not new and needed the cartridges cleaned. I have done all that needed doing and it still doesn't work. Now the cartridge carriage won't come out completely. I have checked for paper problems and object problems; there are none. How do I reset my printer? It is a Pixma MX922.

MX700 error code 5100.  I've cleaned the clear plastic strip, restarted it numerous times, unplugged it, etc., and still get the error.  The print cartridges are hidden and I don't know how to get them to come out so I can inspect them.  Help?

Announcements