cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

w7 mg5520 startup

paa
Apprentice

I cannot ;load driver for mg5520 into my w7 os computer either from the net or the cd.   It makes and error almost immediately after starting without an error code but it does list two number that might be relative addresses for something. 1 and 2 each preceded b y a number of zeros.  I have taken off the fire wall. antivirus, and various microsoft programs such as Security Essentials,  The only thought I have gotten from Canon is to contact the manufacturer of the computer or the softward.  Since this program is the only thing I have ever had such a problem with and the same problem exists on two w7 computers, it seems to be clearly a Canon software problem.

I end up with two questions

1.  Has anyone had this problem?

2. What action can I take to get over this problem and use the printer.

Incidentally, the wifi setup program works beautifully.

paa

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi paa,

We can put your computer in selective startup mode to temporarily disable any applications that may be causing a conflict with the printer installation. Once in selective startup, please try to install the printer again using the drivers from the Canon USA website.  Once the printer is installed successfully, we can then go back into "Normal" startup with all of the applications on your computer re-enabled. To go into selective startup, please follow these steps:

1. Click on Start menu in the bottom left corner of the Windows screen.

2. Type 'Run' in the "Search programs and files" field, then select the Run program from the top of the window.

3. In the Run window type: Msconfig

4. Hit enter on the keyboard.

5. In the System Properties screen, choose 'Selective Start Up'.

6. Uncheck the box labeled 'Load Start Up Items'.

7. Click Apply.

8. Under the Services Tab, click on 'Hide all Microsoft Services' at the bottom of the window just above the OK button. Please ensure this checkbox is checked before proceeding to the next step.

9. Click 'Disable All'.

10. Click Apply.

11. Click Close.

12. Restart the computer.

When your computer restarts, you should be in Selective Startup mode. Please try to reinstall your printer again. Once the printer is installed, please follow these steps to go back into Normal Start mode:

1. Click on Start menu in the bottom left corner of the Windows screen.

2. Type 'Run' in the "Search programs and files" field, then select the Run program from the top of the window.

3. In the Run window type: Msconfig

4. Hit enter on the keyboard.

5. In the System Properties screen, choose 'Normal Start Up'.

6. Click Apply.

7. Click Close/OK.

8. Restart the computer.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements