cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simple fixImageclass D550 printer/scanner squeals

EJaasma
Apprentice

I removed a jamed sheet of paper and since then I have had a squeal (or squeak?) for a couple of seconds after each page is printed.  The printed page also has a crease down the full length of the page about 3/4 inches from the left side, and a smear of the black printing powder extending down the full lenth of the paper from about 5/8 to 1 1/4 inches from the left side.

I have contacted Canon and 5 nearby companies that repair computers and printers but none of them work on this printer/scanner.

I have several questiions, responses to any of them would be helpful and appreciated

1 Is there a simple fix

2 Is there anyone in the Houston area that can diagnose this problem and do the repair.  I live near Rosenberg, about 25 miles southwest of downtown Houston.

3 Is there anywhere online where I coiuld get a service manual, so that I could figure out how to get the outside case off and at least take a look inside.  (I have already removed the cartridge, but can see nothing inside that could be causing the problem)

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Audrey
Enthusiast

Hi EJaasma,

We appreciate your participation. I have already responded to your other posts. If you can not find any debris or paper in the printer using the instructions provided and replacing the toner does not resolve the issue, the printer will require service. 

The User manual is the only one available for the printer. Please click HERE to download the manual.

I need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is no longer serviced / repaired at factory service facility. If you can not find a local repair shop, a new printer will need to be purchased.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

I have been able to find the service manual online. The replacement of the fixer looks complicated. i have located a repair center in Houston. The cost for the fixer plus repair would be around $300. I am purchasing a new printer/scanner.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Audrey
Enthusiast

Hi EJaasma,

We appreciate your participation. I have already responded to your other posts. If you can not find any debris or paper in the printer using the instructions provided and replacing the toner does not resolve the issue, the printer will require service. 

The User manual is the only one available for the printer. Please click HERE to download the manual.

I need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is no longer serviced / repaired at factory service facility. If you can not find a local repair shop, a new printer will need to be purchased.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have been able to find the service manual online. The replacement of the fixer looks complicated. i have located a repair center in Houston. The cost for the fixer plus repair would be around $300. I am purchasing a new printer/scanner.
Announcements