cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Printer error occured

rickey21
Contributor

Well when my paper was jammed I figured out how to get into it from the back and pulled out the paper but now it says "printer error occured and I can't get it to print..  What did I do to it?? any ideas out there.  It's a pixma mx 432.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi rickey21,

I recommend performing a reset of the printer. While the printer is on, unplug the power cord from the printer and let it sit for 60 seconds. While the power is off, press the power button 5 times. After 60 seconds plug the power cord back in and power on the printer.

If the error does not clear, the printer would require service. Please be advised that the printer is out of service life and your local printer repair shop may not have the parts to service the printer.

You do qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program.  Canon's Upgrade Program allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a new or refurbished product that uses Canon’s newest technologies, carries a one year limited manufacturer’s warranty, and to help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free ground shipping.  If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 am to Midnight, EST. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi rickey21,

I recommend performing a reset of the printer. While the printer is on, unplug the power cord from the printer and let it sit for 60 seconds. While the power is off, press the power button 5 times. After 60 seconds plug the power cord back in and power on the printer.

If the error does not clear, the printer would require service. Please be advised that the printer is out of service life and your local printer repair shop may not have the parts to service the printer.

You do qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program.  Canon's Upgrade Program allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a new or refurbished product that uses Canon’s newest technologies, carries a one year limited manufacturer’s warranty, and to help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free ground shipping.  If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 am to Midnight, EST. 

Announcements