cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printer offline

direwolf1012
Apprentice

I have a G4210 printer which is connected via a usb. it only says it is offline. when i try to connect via wifi, it says to  follow directions on the pc or phone which Never show. Ive loaded the latest drivers on my pc... but still nothing... I've got a BOAT ANCHOR here.   HELP!

5 REPLIES 5

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Please tell us the following:

Was the printer originally set up for a wireless installation on that computer?  Or was a USB option chosen during the installation before it was connected?

What version of Windows or Mac OSX is on the computer?

Do you ultimately intend to use the printer wirelessly?  Or with a direct USB cable connection to that computer?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have error 9100. My pixma pro 9000 printer have both the green and yellow lights flasing alternately and it indicates that the printer is offline.

It worked well yesterday

help

Hello BioBobAP!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know about the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10 or macOS 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or WiFi).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

pdebaylo
Apprentice

My G4210 printer was set up via wireless connection.  I use Microsoft edge and an HP laptop.  The printer continuallly goes offline. Sometimes is restores itself, sometime I can cycle the power on and off and it corrects. Other times nothing seems to work.  Very frustrating.  I have good signal level on my PC which is sitting next to the printer. Any suggestions?

Hi pdebaylo,

Please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements