cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printer drivers

gaff
Apprentice

While setting uo tr8620a printer, I was promted to call a number to clean my computer of trojans and malicious ip addresses. Is this normal?

2 REPLIES 2

StevenMOD

Hello gaff,

We're sorry to hear about your recent experience with trying to get support for your product.That is absolutely not normal. It does appear that you came into contact with another company that may offer third-party support for Canon products or may be pretending to be Canon. All of our products include a 1-year limited warranty and our support team is based right here in the US.

Please ensure that the number you're dialing is: 1-800-652-2666 and our friendly, US-based support team will be happy to help once you're on the line. Before calling in, you'll want to ensure your gear is registered to your My Canon Account. You can do that now here: http://canon.us/account

We hope this helps!

normadel
Authority
Authority

No, not "normal", and makes no sense.  You are being targeted by a scammer, or your computer has a malware infection. Do not call a number of someone offering to "clean" your computer. Take it to a reputable computer service shop.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements