cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG3600 Series asks for disk when it wakes up

fuzzbass
Apprentice

Hi - I get this error "please insert disk into removable disk (X:)"

Where X is the USB port that my printer is attached to.

I only see this error when the PC wakes from sleep, and not when it boots from cold.

Windows 10 + Canon MG6300 connected via USB to an assigned drive (X)

10 REPLIES 10

Gla4g
Apprentice
I have this same problem. Did anyone figure it out?

Hi Gla4g!

Welcome to the Canon Community Forums and thank you for your post!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what Canon equipment you're using,  and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10 or Mac OS 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks and have a great day!

Stephen,

Thanks for the reply. MG5320, USB-3, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Try connecting the printer to a different USB port on the computer to see if this helps.

If the error persists, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Michael,

The error pertains to the Memory Card interface on the printer - not the printer's USB connection. My system is identifying the interface as drive P:.

I got this repy from Canon "Support": 
The issue described may be due to the way the computer recognizes the memory card slot on the printer.  We recommend contacting your computer manufacturer for assistance.  We apologize for any inconvenience this causes you.

crankit57
Apprentice

When your PC come up, your printer screen come up out of sleep mode and then popup (please insert a disk into removeable D or another drive letter).

Eliminate too many popup screen I change the Auto power setting on the Canon printer MENU.

Auto power on: Enable

Auto power off: 30min or what ever you want to set it at.

That way the printer will shut off after 30 min and then no popup during the use of your PC. If you want to print only need to go File and then print. It will automaticlly power up by itself. This is the only way to stop the popup screen during PC used.

gamestacker
Apprentice

*SOLVED* I have this same problem in 2020 with brand new model TS8320. Took me 3 minutes to figure it out.

Boy, Michael was no help up there, was he? And Crankit57 gets an A for effort, but is not fixing the issue as it occurs on sleep mode startup.

What you need to do:

1 - Before putting your computer to sleep, go into your taskbar icons and open the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" tray.

2 - Eject the current drive letter assigned to your Canon Printer's SD card slot. BOOM!

Done.You will no longer get that popup, and it will become active as soon as you insert an SD card.

You ever notice it's also listed in your File Explorer under 'Devices & Drives' as a greyed out icon, even though you're not using it? That was the clue--Do my steps and it's now also removed from your active drives.
Have a great 2021!!!!! Because this year has been one big dud. 🙂

Lakemist
Apprentice

I've tried several fixes for this problem mentioned in the link below. My printer is Canon TS5020. I think #7 (reinstall the USB Drivers) may have done the trick.

https://www.stellarinfo.com/blog/fix-please-insert-a-disk-into-removable-disk/

Also, install the latest Canon Printer drivers to your computer and firmware update to your printer (see Manual.)

I started having the problem again after another Windows update. This time, I uninstalled the drivers via Device Manager, then COMPLETELY REMOVED drivers from Windows 10 (Google it.)  Then, a new install of the latest drivers. So far, so good.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements